Michael has been your Public School Trustee since 2010, serving as Chair from 2015-2017. Michael lives in Ward F (Strathcona).
Ward F, Michael Janz - What strengths and experience do I bring as Trustee?
Beyond his work as Trustee, Michael is a father of a future EPSB student and has been proud to serve our community in several other capacities:
- Manager with Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters Edmonton
- Former Marketing Director for the Edmonton
- Federation of Community Leagues
- Masters in Education Policy Studies from the University of Alberta
- Avenue Magazine 2012 “Top 40 Under 40"
- Served as President of the University of Alberta?Students’ Union
- Six year Trustee, Edmonton Public Library Board
Ward F, Michael Janz - Why do I want to be re-elected Trustee?
Michael will Continue to Champion:
- New school construction, prioritizing a new high
- school for the Southwest
- Equity and fairness for all students including:?special needs learners; English language learners;?and gifted and talented learners
- Support for vulnerable families through safe, caring,?welcoming schools for all students
- Expanding programs of choice and increasing?opportunities for students and their families
- Financial literacy and post-secondary transitions
- Improving academic achievement, high school completion rates, and access to career pathways
- Focusing education spending on the classroom in support of teachers and school staff
Ward F, Michael Janz - How will I continue to advance my goals for the next three years?
Support our campaign by hosting a lawn sign, making a donation or volunteering: